1. International Association of Yoga (IAY) is a working organization engaged in the promotion and exchange of yoga culture, it has independent legal person. IAY is dedicated to more systematic culture propagation and teaching research, it not only puts efforts into yoga education and culture publication, but also pays attention to the development of yoga market, the fostering of yoga talents and the improvement of teaching system. qualification; this association is a social organization composed by voluntary members.
2. The aim of IAY is to respect all cultures in the world and abide by social moral rules, and by coordinating all proactive factors to promote worldwide yoga culture development and spreading, to push forward international yoga cultural exchanges and enhance the friendship among peoples of all countries.
3. The headquarters of IAY is located in Indore, India.
4. Logo: To be followed in all official sites, correspondence
Scope of Business
Scope of business of IAY include:
(1) To make available Yoga Knowledge to mankind as it was originally gifted by Rishis/ Mahrishi/ Yogis since time unknown, without making it patented by any company or individual. Fight against all patents to save yoga for mankind’s benefits and well-being.
(2) To follow up for bringing yoga asana in Olympics or International games.
(3) To pursue to get accreditation from governments equivalent to a doctor for a qualified yogacharya.
(4) Promotion of Yoga culture, including international training and exchange of yoga professionals;
(5) Promotion of global yoga health movement so as to improve health of world people;
(6) Research of yoga culture and improvement of yoga practice system;
(7) Responsible in coordinating, organizing or entrusting other membership bodies to hold international or regional yoga cultural exchange activities;
(8) To choose and recommend coaches or managerial personnel, to organize all kinds of training activities as well as domestic and international exchange activities;
(9) Registration and training of yoga coaches and members;
(10) IAY reserves the usage and development rights of its special labels (logo, flag and souvenir badges etc. ) in all domestic or international matches sponsored by the association, and in the advertisements, television (internet) relay, to name matches, cups and franchised products designation etc;
(11) Enrollment and registration of members, organization of activities among members;
(12) Instruction of yoga knowledge and basic skills to all membership bodies and organizations;
(13) Responsible for the organization and coordination of scientific research in yoga.
The main yoga research subjects and goals :
a. Yoga culture and education management
b. Optimization of yoga teaching and courses
c. Guide to yoga coaches and exercises
d. The effect of yoga and natural therapy
e. Yoga development and yoga environment
f. Yoga market and yoga promotion
alongwith above main goals following will be sub goals :
a. Promotion and advancement of Yoga and its applications.
b. Maintaining and promoting the different Indian Yoga traditions.
c. To provide extensive research facilities for carrying out fundamental and clinical research in the discipline of Yoga and its applications keeping in view the socio-economic needs of all sections of the society.
d. To hold Conferences, Seminars, Workshops, Camps and Public meetings to propagate information and knowledge of Yoga, its various techniques and practice in various parts of India as well as abroad.
e. Accreditation and affiliation of Yoga Institutions including the prescribing of basic requirements for affiliation of Yoga Institutions.
f. To conduct experiments and research on emerging trends in Yoga.
g. To develop techniques and approaches based on the Ancient Yoga Texts and Granthas / scriptures (books) of Yoga to meet the challenges of the modern era.
h. Development and dissemination of new approaches to the practice, teaching and research of Yoga.
To prescribe different courses for imparting education and training in Yoga; to prescribe syllabus and curriculum for various Yoga education, therapy and training courses and programmes; also to prescribe guidelines to carry out research in Yoga and its applications at various levels.
Membership1. The membership of IAY is classified into two kinds:
a. group membership and b. personal membership.
2. Requirements for application for joining this association:
(1) To uphold the regulations of this association;
(2) Is willing to join this association;
(3) The applicant should have certain influence in the business areas of this association (business, subject).
Any unit or organization that are recognized by law and legal regulations as to have legal person qualifications, after the approval of its application by the standing council of this association, and upon its registration and obtaining the membership certificate, will become a member of this association.
3. The procedure of joining this association:
(1) Submission of application for joining the association;
(2) Approval through the meeting of the executive council;
(3) Issuing of membership certificate by the executive council or an institution authorized by the executive council.
4. Members of this association will have the following rights:
(1) the rights of electing, being elected and voting within this association;
(2) the right of participation in the activities of this association;
(3) the priority to receive services of this association;
(4) the right to raise suggestion and supervision on the work of this association;
(5) the right to join this association voluntarily and the freedom to withdraw from the association.
5. The members shall have the following obligations:
(1) To carry out the resolutions of this association;
(2) To uphold the legal rights of this association;
(3) To undertake the assignments the association;
(4) To pay stipulated membership fees;
(5) To report to the association relevant information.
6 If a member wants to withdraw from this association, he should notice in written form the association and return the membership certificate; A member who fails to pay membership fees or never take part in the activities for over a year shall be regarded as withdrawing from the association automatically.
7 A member who seriously violates the regulations of this association shall be derived of membership through the voting of the council meeting.
Organization and the nomination and dismissal of responsible personnel1. The supreme organization of IAY is the members congress whose powers are as the following:
(1) To formulate and amend the regulations of the association;
(2) To elect and dismiss directors;
(3) To examine the work report and fiscal report of the executive council;
(4) To decide termination affairs;
(5) To decide other major matters
2. The members' congress shall be held when more than two thirds of the members (or representatives of the members) are present, and the resolutions of the congress shall become effective if it is passed by more than one half votes of the present members (or representatives)..
3. The term of each members' congress shall be 4 years (and shall no be more than 5 years at longest). Advanced or postponed replacement election shall be passed by votes of the executive council, and replacement election shall not be postponed over one year at the longest.
4. The executive council is the executive organization of the members' congress and shall be responsible to the latter, and will lead this association in carrying out daily works during the period when the congress is not in session.
5. The executive council shall have the following powers:
(1) To carry out the resolutions of the members' congress;
(2) To elect or remove from office of deputy president and secretary general;
(3) To prepare and convene the members' congress;
(4) To report to the members' congress about its work and fiscal situation;
(5) To decide the enrollment and dismissal of members;
(6) To decide the establishment of offices, branches or entities;
(7) To decide the employment of the deputy secretary general and other major personnel in charge;
(8) To lead the organizations of this association in carrying out their tasks and activities;
(9) To make out inner management regulations;
(10) To restructure the secretary office and other special committees;
(11)To decide other important matters
6. The council meeting shall be held if more than two thirds of the council members are present. and its resolutions shall be passed by voting of more than two thirds of the present council members.
7. The council meeting shall be held at least once every year; the meeting can also be held in the form of communication under special circumstances.
8. The association shall have a standing council\ (in case the number of council members are many). The standing council shall be elected by the council meeting, and shall carry out the powers stipulated in articles 1 through 9 and shall be responsible to the council (the number of standing council members shall not exceed one third of the number of the council members)
9. The standing council meeting shall be held if more than two thirds of the standing council members are present, and its resolutions shall be passed by voting of more than two thirds of the present standing council members.
10. The Chairman, deputy chairman, president and deputy president, secretary general, directors of committees shall have the following qualifications:
(1) To uphold the lines, principles, policies of this association and to have a good qualities;
(2) To enjoy relatively large influence in the business areas of this association;
(3) The maximum age of the chairman, deputy chairman, president, deputy president, secretary-general, committee director of this association shall not exceed 70, the secretary general is a full-time post;
(4) To have a good health to persist the work;
(5) To have never received criminal penalty of derivation of political rights;
(6) To have full civil behavior ability.
11. The chairman, deputy chairman, president, deputy president, secretary-general, committee director of this association whose age exceeds 70 shall hold the posts only if passed by votes of the council meeting.
12. The term of the chairman, deputy chairman, president, deputy president, secretary-general, committee director of this association is 4 years (deputy chairman, president, deputy president, secretary-general shall not hold the posts for more than two terms at the most). In case the term of certain post is to be prolonged under special circumstances, it shall be passed by two thirds of majority of the members in the members' congress.
13. The chairman of this association is the legal representative of the association.. The legal representative of this association shall not concurrently hold the representatives of other groups.
14. The president of this association shall exercise the following powers:
(1) To convene and preside over the council meeting (or the standing council meeting);
(2) To follow the implementation of the resolutions of the members' congress, the council meeting (or the standing council meeting);
(3) To sign relevant important documents on behalf of the association.
15. The secretary general of this association shall exercise the following powers
(1) To take in charge of the offices to implement daily works and to organize the implementation of annual work plans;
(2) To coordinate the various branches, representative offices and entity organizations to extend activities;
(3) To nominate the vice secretary general and the in-charge persons of various offices, branches and entity organizations, which shall be subject to the approval of the executive council or standing executive council;
(4) To decide the employment of staff at the working offices, representative offices and entity organizations;
(5) To handle other daily affairs.
16. The responsibilities of the secretariat
(1) To carry out the resolutions and decisions of the members' congress and the council meetings;
(2) To be responsible for the business management of the programs of the association, to formulate the development plans and relevant policies of the various programs or projects;
(3) To carry out international exchanges and technology exchanges, to take part in international yoga meetings and matches etc., to be responsible for the approval procedures and organizing works for the international yoga matches or other activities held in our country;
(4) To be responsible for the organization establishment and personnel administration;
(5) To be responsible for the management of the funds and expenditure of the association;
(6) To carry out multiple businesses and services so as to expand the income resources;
(7) To undertake activities and daily works as prescribed in these regulations and other relevant stipulations;
(8) To be responsible for the organizing, coordinating and supervising the daily works of all the working offices, branches, representative offices and entity organizations.
17. This association shall establish the following special committees:
a. Yoga Patent Committee
b. Yoga theory committee
c. Competition committee
d. Coach committee
e. Academic exchange committee
f. News and information committee
g. Yoga Accreditation committee
18. The various special committees are entrusted by this association, and shall in accordance with stipulations of the association exercise the corresponding functions and participate in the planning, management and implementation of the activities of this association.
19. Each special committee is composed of one director, several vice directors and committee members. The director, vice directors and committee member shall be nominated by the secretariat and employed by the standing committee; the special committees shall submit their work plans to the standing committee for approval and report annually to secretariat the work summary.
20 The responsibilities of the committees
(1) Responsible for the business management of yoga movement programs, research and formulate the development schemes, plans, principles and policies of the yoga programs.
(2) To direct the training of excellent yoga coaches and other reserved talents.
(3) To organize the science and technology research of yoga movement with a purpose to raise the scientific training level.
(4) To carry out international and technology exchanges, to be responsible for the liaison with international organizations.
(5) To widely contact all circles of the society to extend and advocate yoga activities and culture.
Principles of assets management and usage
1. The expenditure sources of IAY include the following:
(1) membership fees;
(3) governmental funds;
(4) incomes obtained from the activities and services within the approved scope of business;
(5) bank interests;
(6) other legal incomes.
2. This association collects membership fees from its members according to relevant stipulations.
3. The funds of the association shall be used for the business scope and business development prescribed by the regulations and shall not be distributed among the members.
4. This association shall establish stringent financial management systems so as to guarantee the maintenance of legal, genuine, accurate and intact financing data and information.
5. This association shall have accounting personnel with professional qualification; the accountants shall not concurrently be cashiers; the accounting personnel shall perform accounting calculation and exercise accounting supervision. When accounting personnel transfer their work or resign from their jobs they must clear off the hand over procedures.
6. The asset management of this association shall adopt state stipulated accounting management systems and receive the supervision of the members' congress and financial authorities.
7. Upon the reelection of the executive council or change of legal representative of the association, it shall receive financial audit by social organization registration authorities.
Article 39 Any unit or individual shall not seize, divide secretly or divert the assets of this association.
8. The salary, insurance and welfare of the full time employees of this association shall be provided in accordance with relevant stipulations.
The amending procedure of the regulations
1. The amendment to the regulations of this association shall be passed the standing council before submitting to the members' congress for approval.
2 The amendment of the regulations of this association shall be submitted to business administrative authority for examination within 15 days after it is passed by the members' congress and shall come into effect upon the registration and approval by organization registration administrative authorities.
Termination procedure and asset and property disposal after termination
1. In case this association is to be terminated after completing its tenet or due to other reasons such as subdivision or merger, the termination shall be proposed by the members' congress or the standing council.
2. The termination proposal shall be passed by voting of the members' congress and approved by business administrative authorities.
3. Before the termination of the association, a liquidation committee shall be set up under the guidance of business administrative authorities to dispose the creditor's rights and debts; no other activities shall be carried out during the liquidation period.
4. This association shall be terminated upon the completion of the termination procedure at the social organization registration authorities.
5. The remaining properties of this association after its termination shall be, under the supervision of the business administrative authorities and social organization registration administrative authorities, and in accordance with relevant stipulations, used for the development of businesses that are relative to the tenet of this association.
1. These regulations are passed by voting of the member's congress.
2. The interpretation right of these regulations belongs to the executive council of this association.
3. These regulations shall become effective since the date on which it is approved by social organization registration administrative authorities.