- International Association of Yoga (IAY) is a working organization engaged in the promotion,
research, recognition, review, and exchange of Yoga, Yoga Therapy, Meditation, Vedanta,
ancient vedic culture. It is independent legal person. IAY is dedicated to more systematic
culture propagation and teaching research, it not only puts efforts into Yoga education and
culture publication, but also pays attention to the development of Yoga market, the fostering
of Yoga talents and the improvement of teaching system. qualification; this association is a
social organization composed by voluntary members.
- The aim of IAY is to respect all cultures in the world and abide by social moral rules, and by
coordinating all proactive factors to promote worldwide Yoga culture development and
spreading, to push forward international Yoga cultural exchanges and enhance the friendship
among peoples of all countries.
- The headquarters of IAY is located in Indore, India.
- Logo: To be followed in all official sites, orrespondence
Scope of Business
Scope of business of IAY include:
- To make available Yoga, Yoga Therapy, Meditation, Vedanta Knowledge to mankind as it
was originally gifted by Rishis/ Mahrishi/ Yogis since time unknown, without making it
patented by any company or individual. Fight against all Yoga patents to save Yoga for
mankind’s benefits and well-being.
- To follow up for bringing yoga asana in Olympics or International games.
- To pursue to get accreditation from governments equivalent to a doctor for a qualified
Yogacharya or Yoga Therapist.
- Promotion of Yoga culture, including international training and exchange of Yoga
- Promotion of global Yoga health movement so as to improve health of world people;
- Research of Yoga, Yoga Therapy, Meditation, culture and improvement of Yoga practice
- Responsible in coordinating, organizing or entrusting other membership bodies to hold
international or regional yoga cultural exchange activities.
- To choose and recommend coaches or managerial personnel, to organize all kinds of training
activities as well as domestic and international exchange activities;
- Registration and training of Yoga coaches and members.
- IAY reserves the usage and development rights of its special labels (logo, flag and souvenir
badges etc. ) in all domestic or international matches sponsored by the association, and in
the advertisements, television (internet) relay, to name matches, cups and franchised
products designation etc.
- Enrolment and registration of members, organization of activities among members.
- Instruction of Yoga knowledge and basic skills to all membership bodies and organizations.
- Initiative and coordination for scientific research in Yoga, Yoga Therapy and Meditation with
various organization and individuals.
Few of subjects of Yoga, Yoga therapy, Meditation research:
- Yoga culture and education management
- Optimization of Yoga teaching and courses
- Guide to Yoga coaches and exercises
- The effects of Yoga, Yoga Therapy, natural therapy for various diseases
- Yoga and Yoga Therapy development and Yoga environment
- Yoga and Yoga Therapy market and Yoga promotion
Along with above main goals following will be sub goals :
- Promotion and advancement of Yoga, Yoga therapy and its applications.
- Maintaining and promoting the different Indian Yoga traditions.
- To provide extensive research facilities for carrying out fundamental and clinical research in the discipline of Yoga, Yoga Therapy and its applications keeping in view the socio-economic needs of all sections of the society.
- To hold Conferences, Seminars, Workshops, Camps and Public meetings to propagate information and knowledge of Yoga, its various techniques and practice in various parts of India as well as abroad.
- Accreditation and affiliation of Yoga Institutions including the prescribing of basic
requirements for affiliation of Yoga Institutions.
- To conduct experiments and research on emerging trends in Yoga.
- To develop techniques and approaches based on the Ancient Yoga Texts and Granthas /
scriptures (books) of Yoga to meet the challenges of the modern era.
- Development and dissemination of new approaches to the practice, teaching and research
To prescribe different courses for imparting education and training in Yoga; to prescribe
syllabus and curriculum for various Yoga education, therapy and training courses and
programmes; also to prescribe guidelines to carry out research in Yoga and its applications at
- The membership of IAY is classified into following levels:
- Founding membership
- Life membership
- Personal membership
- Institutional membership
- Requirements for application for joining this association:
- To uphold the regulations of this association;
- Is willing to join this association;
- The applicant should have certain influence/interests in the Yoga, health and wellness.
Any individual or organization that are recognized by law and legal regulations as to have
legal person qualifications, after the approval of its application by the standing council of this
association, and upon its registration and obtaining the membership certificate, will become a
member of this association.
- The procedure of joining this association:
- Submission of application for joining the association;
- Review of the application along with documents if any, by the competent authority.
- Approval through the meeting of the executive council or meeting of minimum criteria.
- Issuing of membership certificate by the executive council or an institution authorized by
the executive council.
- Special Members of this association will have the following rights:
- the rights of electing, and voting within this association;
- the right of participation in the activities of this association;
- to offer services to this association;
- the right to raise suggestion on the work of this association;
- the right to join this association voluntarily and the freedom to withdraw from the
- The members shall have the following obligations:
- to carry out the resolutions of this association;
- to uphold the legal rights of this association;
- to undertake the assignments the association;
- to pay stipulated membership fees;
- o report to the association relevant information.
If a member wants to withdraw from this association, he should notice in written form the
association and return the membership certificate; A member who fails to pay membership
fees or never take part in the activities for over a year shall be regarded as withdrawing from
the association automatically.
If a member who violates the guidelines or regulations of this association shall be deprived of
membership by a notice.
Organization, nomination and dismissal
- The supreme organization of IAY is the members congress which is formed of 2 permanent
members and 1 member by rotation, whose powers are as follows:
- To formulate and amend the regulations of the association;
- To elect and dismiss directors;
- To examine the work report and fiscal report of the executive council;
- To decide termination affairs;
- To decide other major matters
- The members’ congress shall be held when more than two thirds of the members (or
representatives of the members) are present, and the resolutions of the congress shall
become effective if it is passed by more than one half votes of the present members (or
- The term of members’ congress shall be 4 years (and shall no be more than 5 years at
longest). Advanced or postponed replacement election shall be passed by votes of the
executive council, and replacement election shall not be postponed over one year at the
- The executive council is the executive organization of the members’ congress and shall be
responsible to the latter, and will lead this association in carrying out daily works during the
period when the congress is not in session.
- The executive council shall have the following powers:
- To carry out the resolutions of the members’ congress;
- To elect or remove from office of deputy president and secretary general;
- To prepare and convene the members’ congress;
- To report to the members’ congress about its work and fiscal situation;
- To decide the enrolment and dismissal of members;
- To decide the establishment of offices, branches or entities;
- To decide the employment of the deputy secretary general and other major personnel in charge;
- To lead the organizations of this association in carrying out their tasks and activities;
- To make out inner management regulations;
- To restructure the secretary office and other special committees;
- To decide other important matters
- The council meeting shall be held if more than two thirds of the council members are present.
and its resolutions shall be passed by voting of more than two thirds of the present council
- The council meeting shall be held at least once every year; the meeting can also be held in
the form of communication under special circumstances.
- The association shall have a standing council (in case the number of council members are
many). The standing council shall be elected by the council meeting, and shall carry out the
powers stipulated in articles 1 through 9 and shall be responsible to the council (the number
of standing council members shall not exceed one third of the number of the council
- The standing council meeting shall be held if more than two thirds of the standing council
members are present, and its resolutions shall be passed by voting of more than two thirds of
the present standing council members.
- The Chairman, deputy chairman, president and deputy president, secretary general, directors
of committees shall have the following qualifications:
- To uphold the lines, principles, policies of this association and to have a good qualities;
- To enjoy relatively large influence in the activity areas of this association;
- The maximum age of the chairman, deputy chairman, president, deputy president,
secretary-general, committee director of this association shall not exceed 75, the secretary
general is a full-time post;
- To have a good health to persist the work;
- To have never received criminal penalty of derivation of political rights;
- To have full civil behaviour ability.
- The chairman, deputy chairman, president, deputy president, secretary-general, committee
director of this association whose age exceeds 75 shall hold the posts only if passed by votes
of the council meeting.
- The term of the chairman, deputy chairman, president, deputy president, secretary-general,
committee director of this association is 4 years (deputy chairman, president, deputy
president, secretary-general shall not hold the posts for more than two terms at the most). In
case the term of certain post is to be prolonged under special circumstances, it shall be
passed by two thirds of majority of the members in the members’ congress.
- The chairman of this association is the legal representative of the association. Chairman will
have overall veto powers over all decisions made by various committees.
- The president of this association shall exercise the following powers:
- To convene and preside over the council meeting (or the standing council meeting);
- To follow the implementation of the resolutions of the members’ congress, the council
meeting (or the standing council meeting);
- To sign relevant important documents on behalf of the association.
- The secretary general of this association shall exercise the following powers
- To take in charge of the offices to implement daily works and to organize the
implementation of annual work plans;
- To coordinate the various branches, representative offices and entity organizations to
- To nominate the vice secretary general and the in-charge persons of various offices,
branches and entity organizations, which shall be subject to the approval of the executive
council or standing executive council;
- To decide the employment of staff at the working offices, representative offices and entity
- To handle other daily affairs.
- The responsibilities of the secretariat
- To carry out the resolutions and decisions of the members’ congress and the council
- To be responsible for the business management of the programs of the association, to
formulate the development plans and relevant policies of the various programs or projects;
- To carry out international exchanges and technology exchanges, to take part in
international yoga meetings and matches etc., to be responsible for the approval procedures
and organizing works for the international yoga matches or other activities held in our country;
- To be responsible for the organization establishment and personnel administration;
- To be responsible for the management of the funds and expenditure of the association;
- To carry out multiple businesses and services so as to expand the income resources;
- To undertake activities and daily works as prescribed in these regulations and other
- To be responsible for the organizing, coordinating and supervising the daily works of all
the working offices, branches, representative offices and entity organizations.
- This association may establish the following special committees:
- Yoga Patent Committee
- Yoga Philosophy committee
- Competition committee
- Coach committee
- Academic exchange committee
- News and information committee
- Yoga Accreditation committee
- Yoga Therapy Committee
- Yoga Research committee
- The various special committees are entrusted by this association, and shall in accordance
with stipulations of the association exercise the corresponding functions and participate in the
planning, management and implementation of the activities of this association.
- Each special committee is composed of one director, several vice directors and committee
members. The director, vice directors and committee member shall be nominated by the
secretariat and employed by the standing committee; the special committees shall submit
their work plans to the standing committee for approval and report annually to secretariat the
- The responsibilities of the committees
- Responsible for the business management of yoga movement programs, research and
formulate the development schemes, plans, principles and policies of the yoga programs.
- To direct the training of excellent yoga coaches and other reserved talents.
- To organize the science and technology research of yoga movement with a purpose to
raise the scientific training level.
- To carry out international and technology exchanges, to be responsible for the liaison with
- To widely contact all circles of the society to extend and advocate yoga activities and
Principles of assets management and usage
- The expenditure sources of IAY include the following:
- membership fees;
- governmental funds;
- incomes obtained from the activities and services within the approved scope of
- bank interests;
- other legal incomes.
- This association collects membership fees from its members according to relevant
- The funds of the association shall be used for the business scope and business
development prescribed by the regulations and shall not be distributed among the
- This association shall establish stringent financial management systems so as to
guarantee the maintenance of legal, genuine, accurate and intact financing data and
- This association shall have accounting personnel with professional qualification; the
accountants shall not concurrently be cashiers; the accounting personnel shall perform
accounting calculation and exercise accounting supervision. When accounting personnel
transfer their work or resign from their jobs they must clear off the hand over procedures.
- The asset management of this association shall adopt state stipulated accounting
management systems and receive the supervision of the members’ congress and
- Upon the re-election of the executive council or change of legal representative of the
association, it shall receive financial audit by social organization registration authorities.
Any unit or individual shall not seize, divide secretly or divert the assets of this
- The salary, insurance and welfare of the full time employees of this association shall be
provided in accordance with relevant stipulations.
The amending procedure of the regulations
- The amendment to the regulations of this association shall be passed the standing council
before submitting to the members’ congress for approval.
- The amendment of the regulations of this association shall be submitted to administrative
authority for examination within 15 days after it is passed by the members’ congress and shall
come into effect upon the registration and approval by organization registration administrative
Termination procedure and asset and property disposal after termination
- In case this association is to be terminated after completing its tenet or due to other reasons
such as subdivision or merger, the termination shall be proposed by the members’ congress
or the standing council.
- The termination proposal shall be passed by voting of the members’ congress and approved
by administrative authorities.
- Before the termination of the association, a liquidation committee shall be set up under the
guidance of administrative authorities to dispose the creditor’s rights and debts; no other
activities shall be carried out during the liquidation period.
- This association shall be terminated upon the completion of the termination procedure at the
social organization registration authorities.
- The remaining properties of this association after its termination shall be, under the
supervision of the business administrative authorities and social organization registration administrative authorities, and in accordance with relevant stipulations, used for the
development of businesses that are relative to the tenet of this association.
- These regulations are passed by voting of the member’s congress.
- The interpretation right of these regulations belongs to the executive council of this association.
- These regulations shall become effective since the date on which it is approved by social
organization registration administrative authorities.